My Cousin Is An Angel.

Monday, December 31, 2012

5th April 1996 - 27th November 2012.

As yall know, my cousin has been super duper sick for a few months this year. It was so serious that he had to go to hospital to stay for a month. Fyi, he was born with cerebral palsy.

So we all knew his time was coming so my auntie wanted to bring him home so that at least he'd get to pass on at home, around his family. His body was slowly shutting down. He had to be put  on the breathing machine and had to be fed through tubes. 

Soon, the time came where everyone received a call that his time was super near. And so, my whole family rushed to visit him for what we thought would be the last time. I tried to coordinate some of my cousins. On the Sunday, I got my dad to lend us his car and my sis drove me, Celine, Amelia and Joash over to Clementi. 

It really looked super bad. He was literally skin and bones. His stomach had shut down so he couldn't eat at all. He couldn't drink at all. He was just on the breathing machine and morphine. 

Then 2 weeks later, he passed on. 

Honestly we weren't surprised. But it really had an impact on all of us. But one thing's for sure. We were glad it happened because it meant that he was in a far better place, and wasn't suffering anymore.

The funeral was held on Friday. As soon as I finished school, I rushed down to Clementi. Apparently before I arrived, they had wine and cake cause it's the Eurasian tradition if the deceased is unmarried. 

The mass was at the church nearby. Dang..I forgot the name -.- It's the one near NUS High School lah. 
My cousin gave the eulogy. It was an awesome one. 

He said about how his bro didn't have an easy childhood and that he's the strongest kid he knows. And whenever he faces a difficulty, he thinks about how his bro is unable to do anything and so, with that in mind, he overcomes the difficulty. 

It's true though. My cousin is 16, and yet, he never got to experience the normal things that any normal 16 year old would go through. He never got to run, speak, play games.. nothing. We're all so privileged and yet, we all take it for granted. Sigh. 

Anyway, after the mass, we headed to Mandai. 

After the cremation, my family and Auntie Bernie went to Hans for tea. 

I really am glad my cousin is in peace now with no more suffering. He really taught us not to take life for granted and that we should cherish everything we have. Oh and btw, he even brought our family closer together. At his wake, on the 2nd day, all my mum's siblings were present and so... they seized that moment to take a pic together. It's really rare that all 9 of them are in the same place and at the same time. Normally 1 or 2 will be missing. 
So yeah (:

Goodbye my little cousin. Rest in peace. Say hi to mama and Simeon for me. We will meet again one day (: 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe