I said "okay" πŸ€΅πŸΌπŸ’πŸ‘°πŸ»

Wednesday, December 06, 2017


So. . . something happened over the weekend. If you follow me on insta, you'd probably have seen from my instastory, but if not, long story short, Amos asked, "Will you marry me?" and I said, "Okay," or something like that.

LOL.


~ Location ~

If you follow me on Dayre too, you would have seen that we were having a staycay at Parc Sovereign Hotel @ Tyrwhitt. He initially kept telling me that it was a free staycay from his aunt because her company liaises with the hotel so she always has these staycays that go to waste. 

AND I BELIEVED HIM 'TIL THE VERY END SIA.

So anyway, yeah, we checked-in around 4pm and Amos said we die die needed to leave the hotel for dinner by 7pm. I was feeling slightly suspicious but I didn't press him too much lah. I kept pretending to grab his phone, and that would get him extremely flustered. His excuse for leaving by 7pm was that he made a reservation for dinner and that if he didn't set a time for me, I'd take forever to get ready. So, of course I was pissed because I absolutely hate it when people rush me. But I wasn't so cb lah, I got ready by 6:50pm so we left before the targeted time.

Walked to Kilo @ Kallang for dinz because I've always wanted to go there. 

By the time we finished eating, chilling, and talking, and walking back to the hotel, it was close to 9-ish I think?


~ The Proposal ~



While unlocking our room door, Amos shot me a sideways glance with a smile, and I thought I vaguely heard a familiar song (The Night We Met - Lord Huron) but I just brushed it aside and thought nothing of it, and just assumed it was coming from another room because there was another room near the hall that kept listening to music loudly since the time we checked-in.

Then, when we entered the room, he didn't even on the light, which was lowkey weird, and my suspicions grew but I was like, ah fk it, so I turned on the lights and sat on the bed because I was pretty tired by then (we'd walked to AND from Kilo), and kinda cranky (I've no idea why). 

THEN. . . 

still smiling to himself, he opened the safe and took out a small box, opened the balcony door and pulled me along to the balcony doorway. 

ANDDDDD. . . 

I looked out and saw people standing on the lawn, and I guess it hit me then that it was really, and finally, happening.

But my mind went blank and a voice in my head went, 

"Oh shit oh shit oh shit, is this really happening. Is he sure he wants to marry me. Oh my god. . . "

He then got down on one knee, and honestly, I've no idea if he even said anything sweet but I KNOW he did ask, "Will you marry me?" and by then, I was just choking up with tears and feels. I couldn't even get any words out, but "okay" and nodded. 

Lol damn weak. But in my defence, I think I was pretty emotional because my time of the month was due okay. Even after everything, Amos told me he was shocked that I cried because he thought I was already expecting it, and I'm generally an expressionless cold-stone bij.

Wah it was really all a blur lah. My mind just wasn't processing anything fast enough properly.

Maybe after a good 5 minutes, did I realise who was actually there - Nat, Iris, San, Dav, Devar, Uthayan, and Geena.

[Here's the proposal video, taken by our shaky videoman, Uthayan, with all the mini directors' voices in the background.]


~ Thoughts ~

Honestly, yes, I'm extremely happy Amos finally popped the question. But I also knew it was going to happen sooner or later, because throughout the past year, I've bugged him countless time and annoyed him so much with my constant questions of when he was going to propose and marry me, that he promised me he'd propose by this year.



We've also already applied for the Nov BTO, so that basically more or less confirmed our future together.

Initially I thought he would propose during his birthday staycay
(Actually he planned to, but I kind of spoilt his plan because I was planning a surprise for him too but he didn't know it at the time. Long story short, kinda, he kept asking if we could go to the Projector on his birthday, but I kept saying no because I had to study for my test which was the next day. I really did have a test the next day, but I mainly kept denying his requests because I was getting his friends to surprise him in our hotel room. However, little did I know, he had actually contacted the Projector people about his proposal plans, but he ended up cancelling those plans because I kept complaining about how I needed to study, and this resulted in a mini fight because he was lowkey angry at me, lol). I also thought he would propose during dinner before this, at Kilo, because he said he made dinner reservations, plus the fact that he kept telling me we HAD TO leave by 7pm.

I'm really glad that he called our closest friends too (they're supposed to be our future bridesmaids and groomsmen, btw), and that he even bothered with decor (because he's generally a no-frills kind of guy). 

-

I'm pretty excited about the future, and stressed at the same time (because of the money we'll have to save up for our flat and wedding), but I'm thankful it's with Amos, because he's someone who always manages to reassure me that everything will be fine, and he basically always covers my ass and deals with the nitty-gritty stuff which I don't understand (like how much we should save a month, how much the downpayment is, reading up about grants and schemes, etc).

So just a rough plan, our wedding will prolly be in 2019, during a non-rainy month because I really want my garden wedding. And if I'm not wrong, our BTO will prolly be ready by 2021 (by my 28th birthday, according to Amos's calculations), or before that.

-


~ Behind the Scenes ~


See, stairs also got fairy lights.

Really thankful to my OBC, especially Nat, for liaising with Amos and setting up the decorations. Even for bringing her own candle and speakers. I appreciate it so soooo much and I love you guys!!

Xiao bridge is xiao touched.

<3


~ My Love ~

Thank you for never giving up on me and for constantly being patient with me (actually no lah, sometimes you’re incredibly impatient and annoying like an angry bird lol). Thank you for seeing the best in me, majority of the time, and for always telling me I’m beautiful, even on days when I feel like a soggy French fry. Thank you for looking past my flaws and for choosing to spend forever with me. 

I love you, Amos Wu Zhi Yong, always & forever. 


xoxo,
will update more on Dayre when we start planning our wedding, and designing the interior of our BTO once we get it, so follow me there!


P.S. It's the 6th of December today, so Happy 18th Monthsary to us!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe