MAY FAVOURITES

Thursday, June 05, 2014



Hi everyone and welcome to my first ever Favourites post. I had originally planned to do a Favourites video but my laptop is full at the moment and has insufficient space if I wanted to edit a video. Maybe next month or something, once I manage to clear out some folders.

I know it's already pretty late for a May Favourites post but. . . who cares?

Anyway, my choice of Favourites are extremely random and range from beauty products to books to television shows. So here are the products/things I've been loving for the month of May.


1) EOS LIP BALM (HONEYSUCKLE HONEYDEW)


I purchased this lip balm from Nex. They were having a Smoochiezz + Watsons sale so I decided to give it a try after hearing so much rave going on about it. I picked out the Honeysuckle Honeydew scented one because it smelled so delicious and honeydew is one of Matt's favourites fruits *winks* 

I've really been loving it so far and I use it almost everyday. Sometimes I just use it alone, sometimes I use it as a base for my lip gloss. It really makes my lips feel moisturised and not dry. It isn't really that cheap however. It cost me $15.90 and I read somewhere that it costs at least half of that in America. But oh well. . . I doubt I'll be heading to America anytime soon anyway. . .



2) NYX SOFT MATTE LIP CREAM (06 ISTANBUL)


Before making my purchase, I did do a bit of research about the NYX lip products and apparently the matte lip creams are pretty popular. I decided to get a popular shade for myself too and I purchased the shade, Istanbul. It's a soft pinkish colour, which I really love, because I absolutely love light pink shades for my lips. 

I also love that the lip cream is not drying at all and feels pretty natural on my lips. It however, is not very lasting and you'll have to keep reapplying it from time to time but then, that's okay. And it cost me only $9 from Sephora. I'm planning to purchase Amsterdam next.



3) NYX EXTRA CREAMY ROUND LIPSTICK (505A SHIVA)



This shade is a blue-toned fuschia shade. This lipstick lasts extremely long on my lips and I love how it really pops. I only use this when I'm not using eyeshadows at all and am only using eyeliner if not, it would be too BOOMZ. 

It cost me only $9 as well and I bought it from a Smoochiezz + Watsons sale as well. I'm sure you can purchase it from Sephora as well.

Here's the swatches for Ibiza and Shiva with and without flash.




4) NYX BRONZER AND BLUSHER COMBO (BBC02 IBIZA)




I've been searching for a good and cheap bronzer for quite some time now. I got this for $19.90 at the Smoochiezz + Watsons sale. I know it really isn't that cheap but oh well, I was in a spending mood that day and I thought it wasn't too bad because it was practically 2-in-1 what with there being a bronzer AND  a blusher. 

When I use it, I just spread my brush over both sides and apply it to the hollows of my cheeks and around the edges of my forehead.



5) YANKEE CANDLE (VANILLA CUPCAKE)



I've been wanting to purchase a scented candle for quite some time already. Decided to get a Yankee Candle because they have a shop at Parkway Parade. They were having 20% off on some scents of the month which is why I chose the Vanilla Cupcake scented one. 

The first 2 times I lit it up, I didn't find the scent very powerful and I felt that it was pretty weak. But the next few times, I found that the smell really filled my room and I realized the longer I burnt it, the stronger the scent was. My mother hates the smell though, LOL. And my sister says the candles from Bath and Body Works are much better. Will buy one when I'm feeling a bit rich. This Yankee Candle wasn't really cheap either. I paid around $30 for it. 



6) ADVENTURE TIME IPHONE 5S CASING



Not many people know this but I enjoy watching Adventure Time. Recently, I was walking past a Flip Flop shop at Bedok Mall when I saw that they were selling Adventure Time merchandise and I got pretty excited about it. I left the shop with an Princess Bubblegum t-shirt ($25) and a Lumpy Princess phone case ($7). 

Don't judge.



 7) THE FAULT IN OUR STARS BOOK



I'm sure many of you have heard about TFIOS. It's written by John Green, who is one of the funniest authors I know of. I follow his tumblr and YouTube and oh my, he's hilarious. 

I remember hearing about the book from tumblr early last year. People kept quoting it and stuff so I decided to purchase the book from Kinokuniya and I must say, I didn't regret it one bit. I even introduced it to my Official Bitch Club and Iris and Huisan got hooked to it too. It's about Hazel and Augustus, who both have cancer, and about their love for each other. Go read it if you haven't yet. 

I've been re-reading it for the millionth time again to prepare myself for the movie. 


“Some people don't understand the promises they're making when they make them," I said.

"Right, of course. But you keep the promise anyway. That's what love is. Love is keeping the promise anyway.” 



8) SKINNY MINT 14 DAY TEATOX




I actually can't decide if this is a favourite or I hate it. I haven't been drinking it as diligently as I should but it's mostly because I hate the taste and smell immensely. I've seen that it has indeed given me some positive effects and has made my tummy much less bloated and I feel that I've been eating healthier. Will blog proper about it another time though, when I'm done drinking it.



9) THE FRESH PRINCE OF BEL AIR
It's basically about how Will Smith moves from Philadelphia to stay in Bel Air with his aunt's family. It's super duper funny and you'll have to watch it to see why.






And this concludes my May Favourites! See you in my next post!

<3

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Subscribe