Salted Caramel Cafe @ Upper Thompson Road

Monday, August 25, 2014

Hi, so before I rush off for work, I'll just update my blog. Apparently yesterday in the United States, it was National Waffle Day so here's my post about the waffles at Salted Caramel Cafe!

Last Friday, I met Viv (finally, after a million years). We had seen this list of Singapore's Best 12 Waffles on Ladyironchef's blog and decided to give one of them a try. The list can be found here, if you're interested. 

We picked Salted Caramel Cafe. I took a bus directly from my house and according to gothere.sg, they said I had to stop 23 bus stops later. After the 5th bus stop, I lost count! But basically, you just have to drop at the bus stop after Thompson Plaza. 

Viv took the circle line and she ended up getting lost because there were road works going on. We both agreed that we don't have the best sense of direction nor sense of punctuality. We were supposed to meet at 2pm and ended up meeting close to 4pm. LOL.

Anyway, there were quite a number of ice cream flavours to choose from.

Nutella and Espresso (?) flavour with Maple Syrup on this waffle.


And Salted Caramel and Baileys with Chocolate Sauce on this waffle.


I found the ice cream not too bad. However, I got pretty sick of the taste after awhile. Thank goodness we were sharing 4 different flavours.

Each waffle costs $3.50 and 2 scoops of ice cream cost $5.50. 

We both didn't think it was that fantastic though. 

Shall continue on my waffle hunt to find the best waffle in Singapore!


If you're interested, Salted Caramel Cafe can be found at:

246F Upper Thomson Road
Sun to Thu: 12pm – 11pm
Fri, Sat & Eve of PH: 12pm – 2am

Nearest Station: Marymount


While walking a million miles to the MRT station, we decided to stop at this playground. 


Okay, that's all I have for now. 

Til next time, Adios!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe