The OBC Presidents

Wednesday, August 06, 2014

So last Saturday, or was it the previous Saturday, I met 2 of my fav OBC girls, Iris and Nat. We were deciding between going to Kith Cafe or Food For Thought and finally decided on the latter. We headed to the one at the National Museum of Singapore. 

I must say, I felt pretty dubious about the menu. They kept trying to infuse local favourites with normal food and it just sounded very unappetising to me. I'm sorry /:


We ended up ordering fries tossed with kaffir lime, lemongrass and chilli padi butter ($7) to share. Oh my goodness, we were so disappointed with it. It didn't taste very special either. 


Nat and I badly wanted risotto (watch too much Masterchef and Hell's Kitchen) so we ordered 2 different types of risottos. I ordered the Laksa Leaf Mushroom Risotto ($15). I found it quite tasty at first but got pretty jelak after a few spoons of it. And it got a bit disgusting as it got colder and there was so much oil below. I know it's supposed to be healthy because it was olive oil but come on, there was too much oil and I'm not a fan of olive oil at all because it gives me tummy upset.


Nat ordered the Lemongrass Galangal Squid Ink Risotto ($17). She said it sucked. Lol. I'm not a fan of squid ink at all (I don't think having a black mouth is attractive) so yeah. . . 


And Iris ordered Pancakes with Salted Coconut Caramel, Banana and Walnuts ($13) and it came with Gula Melaka and Ice cream. I must say her's seemed like the smartest thing to order and it was pretty yummy. But she also said she felt a bit jelak after a few bites of it. 

So yeah, that's the story of our disappointing meal at Food For Thought. Never going back there again. 


Proceeded outside for some #ootd shots. That's the benefit of being at a museum in a historical building. There are so many good spots for #ootd pictures. 

By the way if you think my pics are bad, Nat's are worst HAHAHAHA.


Walked towards Raffles City and stopped somewhere along SMU for more photo-taking. LOL. 

I don't know why but I really like this picture.

Walked around Raffles City for a bit then Iris left for her family dinner. Nat and I walked to Esplanade area because we wanted to catch the fireworks. 

IT. WAS. PACKED. 

I guess everyone had the same idea as us. 

The fireworks weren't too bad. Pretty normal I guess and it was only a preview so I didn't expect much.



After that we went to Max Brennar for some churros. HOHOHOHO. 



It really was fun catching up with my 2 fav clique people. I really miss doing projects with them, hanging around school gossiping and judging people. Everyone's moving on with their different lives and everything is changing so fast and it's getting so scary. I really am scared that we all drift apart and don't keep in contact at all. Because I think that is already slowly happening. 

Oh well. . . #life

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe