What's the point?

Sunday, January 24, 2016

I am really getting sick of all my social media apps. And lately, so many questions have been constantly running through my mind.

To the extent that I almost deleted my Instagram account.

Why do I have so many social media apps? What am I trying to prove? Who am I trying to impress?

I really don't feel a sense of joy in posting anything on Instagram anymore. I used to be so carefree when I posted pictures in the past. I'd spam a few pictures in a day and even use the Instagram preset filters and frames (I'm sure all of you know how horrible their filters were). 

After awhile, as Instagram grew in popularity, I started using more and more apps to edit my photos. From merely 1 app, I started using more than 3 apps. I added more than 30 hashtags to my pictures to garner more "likes". I restricted myself from posting more than 1 picture a day.

Sometimes, I wonder how people get so "insta-famous". How do they get so many followers and "likes"? They don't even look like they're worth the 200+ "likes".

I catch myself feeling a tinge of jealousy at times.

But now, I feel that all those thoughts are so stupid.

Now, I don't really give a rats ass about how many "likes" my pictures get. I don't post much photos mostly because I'm too lazy to edit them and upload them. I barely even go into Instagram and scroll through my feed.

Now, the only thing I'm really irritated by is my feed and how messy it is (I'm a bit OCD). I feel like there's no sense of uniformity whatsoever (eventhough I try to use the same filter and editing style for all my pics) and lately I've picked up this bad habit of deleting pictures, in an attempt to "clean up" my profile. I deleted close to 300 photos a few months back. LOL.

As of today, I've been on Instagram for 196 weeks. That's close to 4 years. I don't know how much longer I'll continue using it but I feel like my Instagram expiration date is nearing.

I've already deleted the ask.fm app from my phone.

This whole addiction to social media is crazily scary. I feel that I've wasted so much time on it. I used to constantly click on Twitter or Instagram every few minutes and hit the refresh button even though there were no new updates as only a few minutes had passed.

All those time wasted could have been used on doing other productive things such as studying or even volunteering at a non-profit organisation.

Okay, I feel like I'm rambling on and on and my thoughts aren't making much sense.

So now, only time will tell.


x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe