My 23rd Birthday

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Honestly speaking, I thought my birthday this year would suck and that I'd spend it at home.

For lunch, my UBaes asked me where I wanted to go and I suggested Hai Di Lao since I've never been there before. We went to the 313 Somerset outlet and it was pretty empty because it was still early afternoon when we reached so we didn't need to queue up or enjoy the free manicure service. 

Overall, I think HDL was not too bad. I would definitely visit it again. But I wouldn't say it was that fantastic. I always see everyone raving about the spicy soup but in my opinion, it was simply filled with chilli oil and also made my veggies taste weird. I really liked it when the noodle man came to our table and did some HDL's Got Talent for us HAHAHA. 

Ended the meal with rainbow cake, which Sam went down to buy, and everyone singing Happy Birthday. 


Dinner was spent at Tanjong Pagar with The Official Bitch Club, sans San because she's still in Birmingham. Had to wait quite awhile for Iris because that poor girl came from Pulau NTU and the whole green line stalled. I think it was also because earlier on, 2 SMRT staff were killed on the tracks near Pasir Ris so I guess the train service got affected the rest of the day. 

Anyway, we went to eat ramen at Ikkousha Hakata. Afterward, Iris insisted there was a desserts shop in one of the lanes nearby and we followed her and. . . the shop wasn't in sight HAHAHA. So we walked back to where we started and decided to eat at Bingki Korean Dessert which was just next door. 

It was my first time eating bingsu and WOW, why have I not tried this earlier??


Took the bus home after that and when I reached home, my family took out a cake and sang Happy Birthday for me as well. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Really really haven't felt this much love and happiness and for that, I'm truly grateful for each and everyone of you who spent my birthday with me. Thank you also to all those who wished me Happy Birthday via text, phone call, Facetime, Facebook and Instagram. I really appreciate it and love all of you!

I still don't feel 23 and I'm nowhere near ready to be an adult and take on any responsibilities. But I guess it'll come to me in time. I've just got to be patient and live life comfortably. 


xxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe