RAGE

Tuesday, October 09, 2012

So, I've been laptop-less for almost 3 weeks ): 

For quite some time my battery has been having problems. Like without connecting it to power, my battery runs really quickly and in less than 2 hours, it'll run out. And it also said "Service Battery" but I was just too lazy ):

So last Monday(24th Sept), I decided to go to the eServe at Somerset to fix my computer. They said it'd be ready in 3-4 days. So I asked if it'd be ready by Friday and they said yes. So okay, fine.

Wednesday, they called back. Told me there was liquid contact in my laptop and hence, repairs were not covered by warranty. They said it would cost $120 plus 7% gst. I said sure and asked if my laptop would be repaired by Friday and again, they said yes. They also said they'd call me back by tmr (Thursday).

Thursday I waited...no call came.

Friday came...still no call. Tried calling them but it was after 6pm and their office was closed.
I was running out of time. I was already leaving on Sunday so I decided to go down to Somerset on Saturday.

Went there, laptop not even repaired. They didn't even start -.-
Apparently the parts  hadn't arrived. WTF. The parts would only arrive that afternoon and my laptop would be ready by Tuesday, and by then, I'd be in Bangkok -.-
Asked them if I could pick it up the next Friday then, and they said that yes, it would be ready.

So I left for BKK on Sunday and came back Thursday night. Friday, I called eServe to check if my laptop was ready and if I could pick it up and how much the total cost was. 
They said they emailed everything to me -.-
I said, "How can I check my email if you have my laptop?"
Anyway...turns out, they didn't even start repairing my laptop. And the total cost was $660 -.-
@!$)#*$#^^$%**^^

Called my parents. They said call my bro and ask him to speak to them. He was busy though so I waited for my parents to come back home. Then my dad spoke to the manager and idk what happened but in the end, the price went down to $400 plus...
And they said my laptop would be ready by Tuesday as they didn't have the parts...

Then , miraculously, that evening, they called me to tell me my laptop was repaired and ready for collection. They changed my battery and my track pad. 

Sunday, went with my parents to pick it up. Sigh. So headache sia.

Never got this bull shit all those times I went to the eServe at Wheelock. Anyway, I also signed up for their membership and it includes them servicing my laptop for free twice a year and it includes free transport and delivery. 

Gonna take extra care of my laptop now. I've had it since April 2010 and I've sent it for repairs like at least twice a year since then -.-
It's a good thing I have Apple Care. And it expires next year April so  I really have to take extra care of it /:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe