Anorexia

Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Anorexia and bulimia are words which I find very disgusting. 

I've been skinny my whole life, been severely underweight ever since they started to check height and weight in Primary 1. I've followed the nurses' orders and drunk milk every single day without fail but, I still couldn't gain weight or have an acceptable weight. It's not even my fault. It's not like I eat very little either. I guess it's just in my genes and I have a high metabolism.

My family know about my problem with gaining weight. Heck, even my siblings have been underweight last time. So they don't comment about my being underweight. However, outsiders don't give a fuck.

I hate it when outsiders look at me and comment about how extremely thin I am. And some even say I'm anorexic. To me, that's an insult. I do not binge eat, throw up, exercise excessively nor starve myself, etc. 

And by the way, I really am not that skinny anymore. Ever since I left secondary school, I've stopped exercising and hence, I've grown a tummy (which you can see in my SkinnyMint post). I've also joined a gym in my effort to be healthy because I have not exercised since I was 16 years old. It's not that I gym to lose weight or anything. I join to improve my cardiovascular system, to be healthy so that I stop falling sick so easily and I really want to get toned and gain muscles. I mostly go for Spin class, various types of yoga, Body Combat (I need to learn to defend myself, man) and Body Pump (which I really love and am starting to see the effects on my arms). 

I am not so hardcore whereby I hit the gym every single day, every single week. I try to go at least 3-4 times a week, so that I do not waste my money. 

So yeah, I really hope people watch their mouth. Just because a person is naturally skinny, it does not mean they are anorexic or bulimic. Please learn to educate yourself.

Thanks.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe