JUNE FAVOURITES

Tuesday, July 15, 2014


HELLO! I know this is super late for a June Favourites post but oh well, here it is! (:

I've purchased a bit of makeup products because I wanted to try new stuff and had also run out of old stuff and . . . it's good to update my makeup routine.


1) MAKEUP FOREVER HD STARTER KIT


All I'm saying is, I would slap myself if this product didn't make it to my Favourites list, because I spent over $100 on it. This has been my biggest amount I've ever spent on a make up product. And I thought it was pretty worth it, firstly because it was Makeup Forever. Secondly, because it comes with a primer, foundation and powder. 3 products for that price seems pretty reasonable to me.

I bought it after a lot of contemplation and research and decided to get it because so many YouTubes have raved about it. I find that it has a medium coverage, which is pretty good in my opinion. If I'm lazy, I find that my skin actually looks pretty fine without using a concealer. I just use the primer, foundation and powder and I'm good to go.

For the foundation, I'm using the shade N125. I asked the Sephora Sales Assistant to help me because I am clueless about finding my shade. He said that my face had a pinkish tone and my neck was yellowish so he recommended me to get a yellowish tone so that it would match, I guess.



2) BENEFIT COSMETICS IT'S REAL! MASCARA


This is my new favourite mascara! I purchased a smaller sized one at Sephora because I wanted to test it out. It extends my lashes so much! And the best part is that it looks so natural!

I will definitely purchase the normal sized one once I finish my small tube.



3) STILA WATERPROOF LIQUID EYELINER


This is a pretty good eyeliner that creates precise lines on my eyes. I also love the intensity of the black and how easy it glides on my eyes.

My one complaint is that it is NOT waterproof. I used it to Adventure Cove and within an less than an hour of water activities, I looked like an escaped panda.

I was so disappointed. Especially since I believed the sales assistant when he told me he used it at the gym for 4 hours and it didn't budge. I wore it to the gym and it smudged within half an hour *rage*.

According to Nat though, Stila's Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner is indeed waterproof so I guess I'll have to try that out for myself.



4) DAISO EYEBROW PENCIL


Don't underestimate the power of a $2 product. Since I feel that eyebrows are the least of my worries, I've never had the urge to spend so much on a branded brow kit. And there definitely isn't such a thing as brow cancer right?

This is my 3rd Daiso eyebrow pencil so far and the 2nd for this specific one.


You can check out my new makeup video whereby I use the Makeup Forever HD Starter Kit, Benefit Cosmetics It's Real! Mascara, Stila Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner and Daiso Eyebrow Pencil.

Please be sure to give my video a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel!





5) PANDORA



I've wanted a Pandora bracelet for quite some time but was never willing to buy one myself even when I had the money because I thought it would be more meaningful to receive it as a gift.

I finally received it for my 21st birthday with a lock and key charm from my aunt, uncle, cousin and her husband.

Then last month, Matt added 2 more charms for my bracelet. He added a Fairy and a Cupcake charm. So pretty!

Gonna buy some more charms though. My bracelet still feels extremely empty with only 3 charms /:



6) EXERCISE

I've exercised and gone to the gym quite a bit in the month of June. I mostly went for classes though. I only worked out with Matt sometimes, when he wasn't busy with work.

I've mostly attended Spin, Body Pump, Body Combat and Yoga classes.

Hope my fitness and health improves!
*fingers crossed*



7) SKINNYMINT

Finally finished my (failed) SkinnyMint journey. I did start liking it after awhile because I would drink before going to the gym, so that helped a bit. And it did make me lose a bit of tummy.

You can read about it here.



8) TFIOS MOVIE




I had won a pair of tickets to catch TFIOS premiere and I couldn't find anyone to go with me so I ended up going alone.

What I like about the movie is that they didn't stray far from the movie like most other movies based on books and I guess it helped that John Green was on set all the time. 

Not sure if it's still showing in cinemas but go catch it if you can! Or buy the DVD when it comes out.



That's all for now. See you in my next post!

<3

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe