Merry Christmas Eve

Thursday, December 24, 2015

It's 3pm, and the eve of Christmas and I'm still in bed. Meh.

When I was younger,  December was my favourite  month in the year. Because it was the school holidays and there was Christmas. And of course, Christmas meant new presents. And come on, who doesn't love gifts.

(some might argue that giving is better than receiving but. . .who are you trying to kid? i'm trying to be realistic here.)

I used to love Christmas and December was my ultimate favourite month when I was younger, until I reached maybe poly? I used to be excited when December rolled around, partly because it was the holidays and also because I was excited about all the presents I knew I would be receiving. I even used to enjoy helping my mum decorate the Christmas tree and the house.

In poly, however, we didn't have much of a holiday during December. We'd have MSTs which would end a week before Christmas. Then we'd have a ~2 week break before we had to go back to school.

From a 2 month holiday, it totally downsized to a 2 week holiday. What life was this.

It's the same right now in uni. Our last exam was on the 18th, just a week before Christmas. I didn't have time to enjoy myself in the build up toward Christmas. Didn't have time to buy presents or buy new clothes for myself. I'm feeling extremely. . . sian right now about it.

Trying to nurse my mini hangover right now. Then family dinner in a few hours time and then off to church for midnight mass.

I can't wait for the day where I'll be excited about Christmas again. I don't see it anytime in the near future but. . . I hope that day comes.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe