Jalan-jalan @ MacRitchie's Tree Top Walk With Love

Friday, December 02, 2016

So A and I have been planning/discussing for a long time about us visiting MacRitchie but. . . he has absolute no faith in me because he thinks my stamina is shit. Which is partly true only. I mean I can walk for long periods of time only if I'm in the proper attire and suitable shoes. Plus last time when I was still under True and I went for a little trial for PT, the PT said I have stamina. I'm just lazy (:

So anywayyyyy back to my story. We were supposed to go trekking on Friday after my class but we ended up getting delayed because of Coldplay tickets. We were stuck in the virtual waiting room for 2 hours when A suggested that he try Harbourfront's SingPost. I had to quickly Uber there from school because while queuing, he suddenly realised he needed to pee -.- So we basically spend ANOTHER 2 hours there trying to get tickets but it paid off because. . . 

GUESS WHO IS GOING FOR COLDPLAY?!?!?!

Anyway after we were done with all these, plus lunch, we reached MacRitchie around 1+ish and it started pouring. Zzzzz. Ended up hopping on a bus to Compass Point and exploring because I haven't been there since they reopened. 

And we ended up going back to MacRitchie on Saturday (the next day). Barely 200m into the trek, I started regretting and having second thoughts, fml. Made A piggyback me for awhile because feeling feeling lah ok. 

And halfway through it started pouring but I think the both of us have pretty much gotten immuned to rain and walking unsheltered ever since we got drenched at HHN. 


Ok long story short. I don't think the trek to the tree top walk is worth it at all. The tree top area is so bloody short?? You don't even get to admire the beauty of the surroundings much. The one in Perth was WAYYYY better. 

Oh and we stupidly followed people through the beaten track because we thought there'd be a shortcut but NOPE. We got fucking lost. And walked 1 million km. We somehow ended up at Rifle Range Road camp -.- and they said the way out was a few more km and it'd come out at SIM. Homegurl here was feeling too lazy already and dark clouds were looming above. So we hitched a ride from some workers at the camp and they drove us to King Albert station, phew. 

Thank goodness they were serial killers or anything. Nonetheless, always a great adventure with A.


xoxo, 
til my next post!
(which might take some time because I'm having finals now)


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe