RIP CRYSTAL <3

Monday, May 21, 2012

So, in my 19 years, i've always had a dog. And so of course, i've seen them get old and die.

First there was Wolfgang. He was my bro's dog and he was half German Shephard, half Labrador, or something like that. My family had him since he was a puppy. He had a few bros and sisters and he was the skinniest and ugliest yet my bro picked him because he was the most active pup there. He grew damn big and people were scared of him. But he was a friendly giant. He died when i was around 4. He had a tumour or something and he kept vomitting blood. My bro was in NS and only my mum and i were home. I was waiting for my school bus to take me to kindergarten. We had no choice but to call the pet ambulance to take him away and put him to sleep to put him out of his misery. So yeah, that was my first dog who died.

Then there was Floppy, my sis' beagle. We adopted him from SPCA. His previous owner abandoned him because apparently he was very naughty and kept stealing food, especially cheese, from the fridge. The last straw was when he destroyed someone's birthday cake, LOL. So yeah, we took him. He was a very demanding dog. Every evening at 6, he'd bark non-stop to get my sis to take him for a walk. Then he died when my sis was in JC. I was pri school? He waited until my sis finished her last exam and had reached home and he died in my backyard. He was like around 5 or 6 years old i think. And if i'm not wrong, he died from heartworm disease.

And then there was Lassie, a collie we took from Cally's family. She was really damn pretty. Black and white collie. I have no idea how old she was or how she died. But i know she was pretty sick so my parents brought her to the vet in Jalan Kayu. I think i was in sec school at that time and i wasn't home yet. So anyway, the vet said they had to keep her overnight and put her on the drip. Next morning, my dad called them up to ask how she was and if we could bring her home. You know what they said?? They said she died in her sleep last night. WTH RIGHT! And they didn't even call us to tell us -.- I was really damn sad because i didn't even get the chance to say bye to her. Sigh. She really was a very intelligent and loving dog. Sigh.

Then there was Angel. My dog which we bought from Cally's family. There were 4 puppies at that time, 2 black, 2 brown. Angel was black. I remember the day we bought her. Only my sis and i went. And my sis carried her all the way home, HAHA.I was super excited cause she was my very own dog. Idk why i named her Angel but yeah. She was my very first best friend and as she grew up, she killed all the rats and lizards in our backyard. I neglected her a bit over the years. But whenever she had an illness or something, i'd feel super guilty. Like there was a time, there was a hole in her back and there were maggots. Damn gross and sad. Sigh. Anyway, the days before her death, she looked super weak. She could barely walk. She'd take  a few steps and fall down. The last night, she was too weak to drink water, eat or stand. I had to feed her and put water in my hand and let her lick it all up. She couldn't stand so she was lying down in her pee and shit and i had to keep spraying water. My parents said it was time to let go but i couldn't because it hurt like hell. But in the end, i knew it was the only way to end her suffering. So next morning, my mum called the pet ambulance to bring her to the Jalan Kayu vet. My mum sat in the front with the driver while i sat in the back with Angel. Since she couldn't walk, we had to carry her in a tablecloth. I kept holding her all the way. The vet explained that the injection would slowly slow down all her nerves or something and that it was like falling asleep, just that she wouldn't wake up. I kept stroking her all the way while the vet injected her. I continued even though she was already dead and i just put my head on her and refused to move until my mother carried me up. That was my first time seeing someone/a dog die infront of my eyes. And worst of all, she was someone i had known practically my whole childhood. But i guess she lived to a ripe old age. She was 13 years old so in doggy years that's 91?

And so now there's Crystal. We got her around 4 years ago from the pet shop near my house, for free. Because they were closing down and they had to get rid of the dogs. If they couldn't give them away, they'd have to put them to sleep. So we took Crystal. There was a male German Shephard too but the friars took him HAHA.Anyway, she seemed fine this morning when i left the house. I petted her before leaving. And i heard that she even went for a walk in the morning. Then in the afternoon she started bleeding out of her mouth. And she started taking her final breaths. My bro was with her i think. I don't really know what happened cause i was at Matt's house ): I didn't see my phone so my dad texted Matt. When Matt showed me the text that Crystal died, i was in shock because i really didn't expect her to go when i had just seen her looking healthy a few hours ago. And then the tears kept coming and coming and i couldn't even stop. All i kept thinking about was how i always neglected her and pushed her away. Sigh. So yeah...

Super cute head tilt she does when you go ,"MEOW".

Our little adventure to Greenwich.

Love-Hate Relationship

One fine day, when i saw Crystal in Tinsel's territory, LOL.

RIP in doggy heaven, Crystal. We will all miss you. You're our most bimbotic dog ever. I'll miss you forever trying to brush and rub against my legs, like a cat, especially when i'm wearing black jeans. I miss how you'll always keep walking round and round us like a moon rotating around the earth. I'll miss how you would always shit at the gate and it'd look like crop circles. I miss seeing you running and playing in the rain even though you knew mummy would scold you after that. I miss how whenever i come back home, you'd run towards me and force me to pet you. Really miss seeing your happy face. No matter how much we scolded you, you'd still be so loving towards all of us.

I still remember the time you injured your right paw and one day, i was cleaning it but i accidentally put the bandage on your left paw and you spent the whole day limping on the wrong paw. You awesome dog actress lol.

And i remember the time you fell into the pond early in the morning while everyone was rushing and getting ready for school and my mum had to drag you out because the pond is 3 feet deep and you could have drowned.

I love you Crystal. Sorry if i wasn't always there to spend time with you. I hope you have fun in doggy heaven. You can see Angel there and you can make friends with Wolfgang, Floppy and Lassie. Take care <3

RIP CRYSTAL. 

20TH MAY 2012

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe