Jam-Packed July Pt. 1

Saturday, August 01, 2015

July was such a busy month for me because I was going through some shit and I just wanted to keep myself super busy and not mope around.

So many pictures for July that I'll split them up into 2 posts. Here's Part 1!


1) Universal Studios Singapore
Kiwi and I decided to have a BFF bonding session day (after my breakup and I think he was single at that time as well) and so we decided to challenge ourselves and went to USS.
Someone was late. I'm usually the late one but surprisingly I reached first.

We picked the wrong freaking day to visit USS. It was SAF Day and they were selling tickets 1-for-1 for all those who were and are in the army. The queue was INSANE. I think we spent around close to an hour queueing. We also realised that the queues would be insane for all the rides so we bought the Unlimited Express pass because the ticketing lady said not many of them bought it.

In total, we spent around $130 for each ticket. The most I've ever spent on/in USS, even with meals. Hole in pocket. But it was necessary I guess.

There were a few new rides such as the Puss in Boots ride and Battlestar Galactica reopened. WOOHOO.



We ate lunch at Mel's Drive In because I've never tried it before plus. . . I wanted the lunch box that comes with the kids meal.


In our after lunch, comatose.


Oh ya, thanks to our espress pass, we managed to sit on a lot of rides consecutively without waiting for much time. For Jurassic, I think we sat 4 times consecutively. We sat on it alot of times because Kiwi was pissed that I didn't want to put my phone in the locker (I was texting someone) and he was determined to get me and my phone wet but in the end. . . karma. HAHAHAHAHA.

He got drenched from head to toe first. 



Loving how Ernie is totally leaning on me. . . 



I was a bit disappointed that we didn't get to watch the Waterworks show. We were all queueing up for it when they suddenly announced there was a technical difficulty and it was cancelled. Sigh. 

We did however also go on Battlestar (Cylon only) and the Mummy Returns a few times. 

Kiwi was also shocked to hear I wanted to stay in the park until closing time. But come on, you pay so much for your ticket. Of course you have to make the most of it. I ALWAYS stay until closing time. 

And now the gift shops have Despicable Me merchandise! I was so in love with the unicorn toys. There was a bag I really wanted to buy but in the end I settled and just bought a small pouch. 










After our long and tiring adventure at USS (we were both super cranky from being hot, sticky and wet), that we went to Vivo to freshen up and I bought a whole new set of clothes plus slippers from Cotton On, before going for dinner.


Here's to many more outings with my BFF!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


2) Clubbing
Lately, I've been in such a clubbing mood. I don't even know why I want to club. All I actually want to do is drink. I don't even want to dance. Every week I've been bugging people to club with me. LOL. This is what happens when you've been trapped for so long and you suddenly have a lot of free time on your hands and don't have anyone to answer to.

I went clubbing at Taboo twice. The 1st time I went, I got sooooo drunk. It was a nightmare. Mostly because there was a liquid buffet so of course, I drank and I drank. Plus I was drowning my sorrows that night. It was a nightmare getting home. I can't even remember half the night. Long story short, I ended up at my sister's house.


The 2nd time I went, I really limited myself so I was just short of being high. Thank goodness.



I also managed to get Viv to go with me to Zouk. We started off at F Club first, then Macdonalds and finally ended at Zouk. I was too sober by the time I reached Zouk that I couldn't deal with the people there. No idea if it was just me, or just that night, but the crowd there is weird af. Ended the night by going to Upper Thompson for bachor mee because we all just couldn't take it at Zouk anymore.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


3) Iris's 21st Birthday
It's been ages since I've seen my OBC so I was really glad to be able to see them at Iris's 21st. It was Alice in Wonderland themed. I really loved her backdrop and table setup. Mega chio! Birthday girl was mega chio as well.

(Most photos taken with Iris's cam and I edited them with vscocam)

And of course,  the camwhoring begins ~

Endless chaos

Oh ya Iris set this mode on her camera whereby the picture would be snapped once someone smiles. So. . . if you see a lot of stoned faces and only one person smiling, you know who the culprit is.


And of course. . . since there was a shopping cart in the chalet, I had to do my thang. 

Can explain??

Behind the scenes.

Hope you enjoyed yourself and had a Happy 21st, Iris Tannie, the VP of the OBC. Hope you love the Pandora charms we picked for you! Really miss poly days with you and the rest of the clique.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


4) Ice-Skating + Bowling
One of our random BFF outings. Went shopping at H&M first because I thought the ice skating rink would be cold and . . . I ended up not buying a jacket. LOL. Then went to bowl because they were resurfacing the ice at the ice skating rink. My bowling skills seriously aren't that bad, in my honest opinion. LOL. Say only.

Forever trying to take "Insta-worthy pictures". So bloody irritating. LOL. 

Funny story:
Throughout our 2 hours at the rink, I fell down quite a few times on my ass, with no visible or serious injury. Then as I was helping Kiwi take pictures, he suddenly started skating towards me, banged into me and he fell face-forward onto the ice and injured his elbow and knee. I really cannot even . . . oh and when he banged into me, he caused me to fall AGAIN but lucky I was unscathed. He damn loser I swear. So much blood everywhere.


On our way to Dhoby, we bumped into his nephew on the train. Sigh, he keeps calling me aunty. I'm not that old, yeah. 

Seriously, last fucking warning. 

Most tiring ass day. I actually had a muscle ache the next day, thanks to the ice skating and constant falling down on my ass. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


5) Twelve Cupcake's 4th Anniversary
It was my first time attending the anniversary event ever since I've joined the company. I was supposed to go for the 3rd anniversary but I had just joined so I thought it'd be pretty awkward HAHAHAHA. 

This year's anniversary was held at the Kbox at Cineileisure. I was pretty lonely because none of the counter staff from USQ went because everyone was busy with either school, exams or life. Sigh. So I ended up sitting with the Nex people. 

There was a lucky draw and I won. . . $20 FaceShop vouchers. Wow. . . 
I'm not sure but I think this will probably be my last anniversary with the company.  I've been wanting to quit for quite some time already, what with school starting. I really need to focus on my studies. 




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


6) Hui San's 21st Birthday
Just barely a week after Iris's 21st, the OBC met up again for HS's 21st. I didn't realise it was meant to be a surprise and earlier on that day I uploaded a pic on Instagram and said "can't wait to see yall later." OOOOPS. 


Anyways we were initially supposed to go to Hungry Chimps but apparently they either closed down or they merged with PlayNation (I cannot remember the reason), so we ended up at PlayNation. 

Don't bother with the food. It honestly sucks. They also have a few packages for the games, depending on whether you want to play board games, video games, or both. We ended up picking just the board games option because it was for 4hours. 

Played quite a few games, one of which was Revelation, which is this super cool game where you read out a statement on the card and everybody puts a coloured token into the bag, depending on whether you have or haven't done it. Before looking at the tokens, you have to guess how many people have done what was said. Quite a few of the statements are quite kinky so HAHAHAHA, you get to find out some dirt about your friends. 

Not a bad game to play, especially with people whom you thought you knew their dirty secrets. 


Hope you enjoyed yourself and had a Happy 21st, San, despite it being a small celebration! All the best in your studies at UOB and hopefully I'll see you around school soon when I start!



SIANZ I've been really lazy to update my blog nowadays. Plus I have Dayre, Twitter and Tumblr so sometimes I'm not sure what to update on each platform. I'll slowly figure it out.

Keep your eyes peeled for Jam-Packed July Pt. 2!

CIAO!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe