Dear Friend,

Thursday, February 09, 2017

Her lip quivered and I heard a crack in her voice as she poured out her feelings to me. One tear drop rolled out of her eye, followed by a steady unbroken stream.
"I have no one to blame except for myself. Who else can I blame? It's my fault. It's my fault."
It broke me to see her like this. She really is one of the strongest girls I've ever known.
I felt helpless.
I wish I could do more like fix her problems. But I can't.
All I could do was lend a listening ear and a comforting hug.
I could feel tears welling up in my own eyes but I held them back. 
I didn't want her to see how affected I was by her state. I didn't want her to feel bad for making the ones around her cry as well.

~

Dear Friend,


I can't even begin to fantom how much pain you're feeling right now. I know it hurts seeing the one you love so much shun you and walk out of your life so suddenly. I know you thought he was the one and that you imagined a lifetime ahead with him. The two of you talked about marriage plans, having a life together and starting a family. But sadly, all that is now but a distant memory. All you're left with is confusion, hurt and heartbreak.

He left so suddenly, you were blindsided. It's ridiculous how someone you thought loved you so deeply suddenly declare his feelings for you have faded. It's ludicrous that he suddenly felt he wasn't good enough for you that he just decided to give up and leave.

I can't say that what I want through before is exactly what you're encountering right now. The emotions were similar, albeit they were under different circumstances.

I know how it feels like to be betrayed by someone you thought you knew. I, too, was promised a ring, a family, and a future. I know how it feels like to curl up in bed and having to cry yourself to sleep every night. To wake up and start crying again. To see him everywhere. Even when you're doing something as mindless as brushing your teeth, the waterworks will run.
 I also constantly blamed myself for what had happened to me and constantly questioned myself, thinking I had brought it upon myself and tried to figure out if there was any way I could have prevented it from happening. But for me, eventually my anger preceded everything and I was able to move on quickly. I got the answer I needed.

I'm sorry you don't have that as well; the answer. The most important thing needed so you can find some kind of closure and move on. I know it's too soon to expect you to forget everything and move on so quickly.

You won't forget everything. But you WILL eventually move on. It'll take some time before you start trusting people again.

And you'll find someone more worth it than he ever was. Someone who will never give up on you. Someone who will promise you the world, and he won't break his trust.

It will take time. But you'll make it through, I promise.

Love, B

xoxo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe