Last Day As A 21 Year Old

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Hi, I'm writing, or rather typing, this on my last day of being a 21 year old. 

I can honestly say the past year has been extremely rocky and emotional for me. 

I've lost my way so many times, I think I'm still lost. But I'm in the process of finding myself. 

I've lost some friends. Gained awesome ones in the process. 

I feel like I've changed just abit over the year. Not too much but there definitely is a subtle difference.

I've gotten my heart broken too many times that now I've just learnt to stop giving a shit. I've learnt to stop wearing my heart on my sleeve and showing my vulnerable side to the vultures.

I'm not an entirely strong person, but I'm trying to be stronger. I still rely on people for help and to lift me up when I'm down, but I'm learning how to be independent and stand on my own two feet. 

Here's to hoping I'll have a better year as a 22 year old. Hopefully I'll be starting uni this year and doing something I'm interested in. 

We'll see. Only time will tell after all. 

In the meantime,  just know, if you ever feel down or misunderstood, there's someone out there who knows exactly how you feel. You're never alone.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe