Turning 24

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

I'm turning 24 in exactly a week. . . and I actually feel less lost in life than I did last year.

And this is damn cheesey (please don't pelt me with banana skins) but it's thanks to Amos.

Idk why but I guess it's because he keeps me grounded and I legitimately see a future with him, and that's what makes me feel secure.

I love how we constantly (not every week lah like maybe 1-2 times a week?) discuss our future plans and what goals we have.


For example, here are my tentative goals. I have many goals and they change in certain aspects, and whether they're achievable or not is a different story. 

~

Short-term goals: Try to get as many As as possible. Complete my remaining 6-7 modules and graduate by this year (December 2017).
Long-term goals: Either get into a certain airline, stay for the minimum amount of time as stated in the contract, and earn as much as I can. If not, maybe sign on and stay for the minimum amount of time as well. Or,  just get a normal office job or something related to my degree. Or. . . depending on Amos's goals, if he wishes to pursue his PHD, follow him to whichever country he wants to do it in and probably work there until he's done.
And of course, the major plan; get married maybe next year (If A proposes by this year like he says hehehe), get our 1st house (either BTO or SOBF), give birth to maybe 2 kids, etc.

~

I'm really glad to have Amos. We're both in the same boat; we're the same age, we're graduating from uni this year, we'll be applying for FT jobs at the same time. So if anyone can understand what I'm going through, it's him. And he's been doing a great job of reassuring me that my (our) goals can be met.

I'm having so many mixed feelings about growing older. I don't want to age but. . . if I don't, how can I attain my goals right?

Sigh. . .

Anyway back to my birthday. . . I've no idea what he has planned. I only know about the staycation part and that we're having dinner together. I don't know if I should be expecting more things but I'm scared if I expect too much, nothing else will happen and I'll be extremely disappointed. And more than half of my OBC are overseas (except for Nat) so I'm pretty bummed out about that. Not that spending my birthday with Amos and my family alone isn't fine. It's just. . . it would have been nice to be able to celebrate it with my friends too? 

I don't know but maybe my time of the month is coming because I've been feeling over-emotional over the past few days, coupled with mid-sem tests stress.  

Okay, I feel like I'm just rambling on non-stop so I'll just leave it at that.

'til my next post ~

Catch me on Dayre btw! I'm more active there.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe